Tuesday 26 November 2013

Blankie Stories VII - Amber Wagemakers

Yep, I love it!
The special Blankie came to us from Amber who first saw Mr.B's story on CTV news National coverage of one of our blood drives.  Amber has two wonderful little girls and her youngest is only a few months older then B.   She's always been available to offer words of kindness and support. 

Peek-a-boo!


Here are her words to Mr.B:

Dear Mr.B,

Hello!  You and I have never met but that hasn't stopped me from feeling I know you.  Your mother has done a fantastic job of sharing your story and tales of your triumphs, joy and passion for life.  It's unfortunate that so much of your success stems from over coming the many medical challenges you face.

I want you to know that in following your story, you and your family have given me much strength in over coming challenges of my own.  I am grateful to all of you for that.  I was very happy to find out I could do something for you to bring you comfort during your struggles. 

It also gives me a chance to pay back the strength I feel I've gotten from your story.

I had taken up crocheting in an effort to bring healing to myself so I'm happy to pass a healing gift onto you.   I hope you like it.  I tried to leave some open spaces for you to stick your fingers through.  I've seen pictures of you doing this and hoped this is something you enjoy in a blankie.

Much love to you and your family Braeden.

Love,
Amber

A huge thank you to Amber, it is a beautiful Blankie! 

I had to laugh, I was opening the package it came and Mr.B was sitting in his tumble form chair watching me.  I pulled the Blankie out and B literally put his thumb in his mouth and reached his hand out to grab it.  "Yeah, that's for me Momma."  You can see that he certainly loves it!




From Our Home (Unit 4) To Yours...
 

No comments: