Sunday, 2 June 2013

Fever Spike

I know I shouldn't say this quite yet as there is still over an hour to go, but the we had a relatively quiet weekend!  Mr.B was holding his own this weekend which I was pleased to see but unfortunately he spiked a fever right before bed tonight.  He was certainly fussier than typical today so I guess it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise that his temp was up.

He's looking so 'grown up' these days with his hearing aides in!
Dr.Cassie  (Pediatrician) told me to put him back on his Azythromycin (antibiotic he takes for gut motility) on Friday at a higher dose for 5 days to kill off any bugs but it would seem that either it is viral or a bacteria not covered off by this drug.  Fevers scare me with B simply because he doesn't ever really get them unless he's quite sick.  He will often get a low grade one on and off but it doesn't usually go past that.  We will just have to wait and see how the night goes and how he is in the morning.  We've got our GI appointment at 10 am so it's not like we're not at the hospital anyhow!

Yup, this is how I wear my Oxygen Momma!
We've (Dr. Cassie) have also upped his Motilium again (stomach/gut drug) and he is seemingly handling his feeds a bit better.  I've been able to speed them up to run over an hour and a half without too many consequences.  (This is a HUGE success!)  It is and has been torturous for B to have to be sitting for hours on end for his feeds as he just wants to get down and go!  We'll see what Dr. Wrobel (GI) thinks tomorrow as I'm certainly curious to what she'll suggest.

We've got a long week ahead with appointments everyday so I am hoping that by the end of the week we might just have an idea of a plan. 

From Our Home to Yours!

No comments: